Mine works fine. I don't remember the diodes I used, but they were tiny
(tiny enough to fit inside the sub-miniture jack) and work FB. I think it
was a pack of 50 from Radio Shack for a few bucks. I can lookup the type if
it matters.

I use it both ways. I use the keyer to send ........ when on the straight
key (unfortunately, I send that a lot!) and I use the straight key to send
exagerated elements when the copy is wrong a few times on the keyer (I can't
think of an example right now).

Dan / WG4S / K2 #2456

<snip>
I would really like the autodetect to work properly for just this reason.
</snip>