After several years of trying during many business trips to Oklahoma, I've finally secured permission to camp in a restricted area located within a wildlife refuge this coming weekend (13-15 May). I will be in the Charon's Garden portion of the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge in southern Oklahoma with tent, stove, camera and KX1. Antenna type is yet-to-be-determined but may be NVIS as this area is mostly prairie with large rock outcroppings, ie not ideal for a high dipole.....

There are approximately 600 free-roaming buffalo & a large number of elk and longhorn cattle within the refuge:
http://wichitamountains.fws.gov/bison.html

73 for now,

John Harper AE5X
Portable QRP: http://www.ae5x.com