Hi all,

I know this is a nit.

But the IARU state that the S9 signal level is -93 dBm for frequencies
above 144 MHz. I for one did not know that the -73 dBm was only valid
for lower bands until taking a look at the IARU recommendations. To me
the IARU states that the -93 dBm is valid above the whole 2m band and
therefore does not include the 2m band.

The IARU recommendation R.1 is found at web page
http://www.algonet.se/~k-jarl/ssa/IARU/smeter.html.

Another reference is at
http://webpages.charter.net/dig2bn/RF%20Comm-Elec%20Course%20Student%20Study%20Guides/S-Meter%20Calibration%20&%20IARU%20Standards.pdf

<http://webpages.charter.net/dig2bn/RF%20Comm-Elec%20Course%20Student%20Study%20Guides/S-Meter%20Calibration%20&%20IARU%20Standards.pdf>