On 11/10/2010 4:26 PM, van fair wrote:
> Does anyone have experience carrying a K3 and power supply through
> the TSA inspections  at USA airports.  What can I expect??

I've only done it once, and I packed the power supply in my checked
baggage [I put a label on it and included a copy of my license].  For
the carry-on, I had it labeled with a copy of my license.  They asked me
to remove it and send it through the machine separately.  I don't know
what they could see on the X-ray, but it was OK.

I have braces on my legs and I carry some scrap metal in my shoulder so
I'm total toast at TSA.  They were far more interested in me than my
radio.  While involved in the strip search, my radio and other stuff
came out of the machine.  My wife collected it for me.  If you're not
toast at TSA, once they're done with you, they'll want you to get your
belongings out of the area.

Good luck,

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2011 Cal QSO Party 1-2 Oct 2011
- www.cqp.org