Tom, KM4CU wrote:

A long time issue for me is the difference in the pitch of cw normal and cw
reverse, they are different. I have set bfo setting several times with no
difference.

--------------------------

How different Tom?

The K2's logic design allows for an error of up to 20 or 30 Hz, just like
all the other BFO settings. That was tradeoff with cost and complexity.
Getting the BFO frequency settings predictably closer would have involved
substantially more of both <G>

All that's happening when going between CWn and CWr is the BFO frequency is
being changed. It's identical to what goes on as you step through the
various filter bandwidths.

Also, like the other filter settings, you *must* set up the BFO frequencies
while watching a noise display on Spectrogram, or at least not trying to
adjust the tone listening to a signal. The local oscillator and beat
frequency oscillators interact, which will defeat any attempts to "tweak"
the tones while actually listening to a signal.

Ron AC7AC

-