As we consider the lowly soldering station, may I ask the consesus of the hot
air/soldering station combo... i.e. which is the preferred, and has the best
longevity?
 I've had two of the KADA 852 units and three hot air guns break, within hours
of initial use. Anyone for any better results?
I need hot air, temp and volume controllable, and a temp controlled solder iron
similar to the weller. AND.. it would be real nice if it would shut itself off
after a short period of nonuse. Say... 10 minutes. And the hot air gun/wand,
could shut off when returned to its holder. Not a tuff circuit to build.
  Any suggestions? And no, I am not looking for the $1000 plus machines either.

--... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy