Bob -

IF you are looking for ANY Weller parts, contact me -- I will be happy to
help or just advise.
Read the eHam.net forum and ASK questions HERE, OR send me a personal
e-mail.

So tidbits, not yet mentioned.

1. The Weller WLC100 (orange station) is an OEM light dimmer and ungrounded
iron.
NOT ESD, Grounded or Temperature controlled.
I do not recommend for Elecraft K1 or K2 builders.

2. The Haako 936-12 while widely popular (and copied/clones by every mfg. in
China) --
has been discontinued by Haako earlier this year!
http://www.hakko.com/english/discontinue/index.html

It has been replaced by the new Haako FX-888
http://www.hakko.com/english/products/hakko_fx888.html

3. The Weller WES-51 and WESD-51 are very good stations and use the same ET
tips that
were used with the Weller "EC" series (1975-2002)

4. Aouye is one of the better known Haako clone makers from China.
The Chinese ceramic heaters are not as good as the Japanese original product
from Haako
(The Chinese have yet to perfect quality control at Japanese levels -- so
keep that in mind if you purchase that route).

I have a demo WSD81 soldering station (WSP80 iron) with the hard to find
base programmer that I would like to
pass on to an Elecraft builder.

IF you have a broken Weller unit, I do have documentation and parts for the
older TCP units
(e.g. SFA-1 springs and funnels for original PU-1 units) -- documentation
can be found on BAMA from my library.

Lastly, in 1957 Carl Weller, founder of Weller Electric wrote in his US
Patent application the foundation and definition for temperature controlled
soldering.  It is freely available US document for any citizen to read and
understand.
For the Metcal/OKI crowd -- the OKI stations are based upon Carl's Magnetic
Switch (Magnistat) works and acknowledges his 3 patents in
their products as well as an earlier 1905 US patent for induction heating -
the foundation for their RF/induction tip heating method.

Greg
w9gb