Recently installed the KDVR3 and still trying to figure it out.  Two questions:

1. In setting up for the Sweepstakes contest, I want to use the microphone to
speak the first part of my exchange, that is the other station's call and the
number and precedence I am giving him, e.g., "W1XYZ, you're number 123 Uniform"
and I want to use the KDVR for the rest, e.g., "K6RM, 59, Sierra Charlie
Victor".  I've programmed the N1MM macros from N6ML's
site  http://www.dseven.org/ar/n1mm-kdvr3  to drive the K3 DVR and they work
great when pushing the physical N1MM Function keys or clicking same on-screen.

BUT, when using VOX, I've discovered that the message won't play if I try to
start it (with the N1MM F-key or ENTER in ESM mode) while the PTT is still
asserted from my earlier speaking.  If I wait that fraction of a second until
the VOX PTT drops (i.e., when I hear noise in the headset again) before I
initiate the message, it plays fine.  Switching to the footswitch instead of
VOX, everything plays fine even if I keep the footswitch down while the DVR
message is starting.  Seems like the same logic in the K3 that allows that
should also apply to the VOX PTT assertion, but apparently it does not?  Is
this
expected behavior or maybe a bug or needed enhancement in the DVR?

2. I find that the playback level of the DVR is a function of the MIC GAIN
setting when recording.  In other words, changing the MIC gain during playback
does NOT affect then playback level.  However, the DVR evidently stores
UNCOMPRESSED audio because the compression DOES vary directly with the COMP
control during DVR playback.  Again, is this normal/expected?

With all due respect, I LOVE my K3, but  I HATE having to experiment (or read
this reflector) to learn things like this when it SHOULD be in the manual.
Frankly, IMHO, the K3 manual stinks.

Thanks es 73, Barry K6RM