On 11/16/2010 1:04 PM, David Christ wrote:
> Going through things in storage I found an Electro Voice 630 HiZ and
> an Electro Voice 664 microphone.  Can anyone give me a clue if they
> are good for anything?

The 664 would sound great with almost any ham rig, but it needs EQ,
because it's a flat mic. The EQ I just recommended for the CM500 is a
good starting point, but I would add boost of about 9 dB in the highest
band and about 5 dB in the band below that.

It's a balanced mic, so to connect it to a ham rig, connect one of the
signal conductors to the rig mic input, connect the other to the mic
return, and connect the shield to the chassis. No other matching needed.

I don't remember the 630, but my guess is that it would work too, and
would likely need similar EQ. Since it's hi-Z, it's probably unbalanced.

73, Jim K9YC