From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Wayne Burdick
Sent: Saturday, November 20, 2010 3:44 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] Final K3 APF Lab Test Results

We just did a *very* accurate sweep of the APF passband from the original
(4.17) and new (4.22) beta releases. Lyle has the data in spreadsheet form
and will send it out on request. It's too big to attach to a reflector
posting.

Bottom line: There is no difference between the two. This is not surprising,
since we did not change the filter algorithm.

Any difference must be attributed to noise and signal conditions, filter
bandwidth settings, or APF tuning vs. actual signal pitch. This is the
nature of APF; it is most effective under specific conditions. Try turning
it on, and if it doesn't help, leave it off.

73,
Wayne
N6KR

----