Mike,

On your "chirping sound", check the K2 menu to be certain you have the
menu 8R parameter set to HOLD.  If set to NOR, it could be that you are
hearing the K2 receiver unmute too soon.  It does no harm to the
transmitted signal, but it does get irritating.

What menu setting do you have for CAL CUR?  It should be set to 3.50
with the KPA100.
Another question is "How much can you trust the wattmeter you used to
calibrate the KPA100 forward power?"
If the K2 was developing an actual 110 watts while your external
wattmeter said 100 watts, that alone can be reason for your problem - a
10% of full scale reading error is not uncommon for wattmeters (even the
much respected Bird only guarantees 5% of full scale immediately after
calibration)

The Hi Cur message refers to the current drawn by the base K2 and not to
the KPA100.
Check your power supply voltage during transmit.  If the voltage drops
substantially, more current will be drawn.  If you have significant
voltage drop during transmit, check the power cable and all its
connectors and make certain that the connections at the power supply are
really tight - it only takes a few milliohms to create a significant
voltage drop.
To be certain the voltage drop is in the cable and not the power supply,
monitor the voltage at the output of the power supply during both
receive and transmit - if the power supply output voltage drops by a
significant amount, the power supply itself may be to blame.

Lastly, increase the power supply voltage to at least 13.8 volts, but
preferrably to 14.5 or so.  The K2 is rated at up to 15 volts, and the
transmit IMD will be improved by the higher voltage.

If none of those conditions solve the problem, please ask again.

73,
Don W3FPR