I recently made the choice to purchase a P3 rather than a KRX3.

Three factors that were involved in my decision were as follows.

It is the 160m DX season and CQ WW is right around the corner.  I didn't
want to take my
station apart even for a day or two to add the second Rx.  The P3 was up
and
running within an hour of the UPS delivery (although I still need to do
the IF output mod.)

I am quite adept at navigating the pileups by switching VFO's.

I've never owned a panadaptor and wanted to add the visual dimension to
my radio.

I'm glad I made the choice that I did, although a KRX3 is definitely in
my future plans.
I find the P3 a useful aid in finding holes in time/frequency space in
the DX pileups.
It also is a great help in getting a quick view of activity on the band
without relying
on spots.  The P3 even gives me a pretty clear indication of the
bandwidth of my transmitting
and receiving antennas, as I can see the noise level drop off above and
below resonance.

73,
Chuck Guenther  NI0C
K3 s/n 1061  P3 s/n 444

Dave, N4QS wrote:
"

Rich,

I basically agree with you about adding the KRX3 first, but it would be
interesting to see how the P3 works with only one RX and split VFOs.  That
might still be a pretty potent combination.  I am sure others have that
setup and it would be interesting to hear some of their comments.  I've had
my KRX3 so long now, it's hard for me to remember how to use just one RX!
Of course, the big plus for the KRX3 is if someone also wants to use
diversity RX.