I found that certain capacitors were changing value over time and had
to be replaced to restore proper AGC operation.  Some of the
capacitors had what turned out to be critical values, but did not have
precision components.  Some were more than double or one half their
schematic values.  It was well known in our circle that some MP's had
good QSK, and others awful.

What a relief a K3 is where those issues are determined in firmware!.
Code does not short out or drift.  Can do other stuff that only
happens at Elecraft, but not that.  I have my 75A3, Ranger, Courier,
and FT101ZD for nostalgia.  Otherwise I really don't want my daddy's
analog radio any more.

73, Guy.