Ramiro,

Some very good information about Combiners is published on Jack Smith's
website (Clifton Laboratories), also how to perform "IMD" tests.

The reason for using a lowpass filter between each generator and the
combiner is to prevent the second harmonic of generator "A", for example,
getting into generator "B", mixing with the fundamental of "B" to produce a
third order product 2A - B. Similarly to keep the second harmonic of "B" out
of "A". Any mixing of other harmonics can also result in "alien" third order
products.

If you build a "pretty" version, I would suggest that each generator be
built in its own metal box, with all DC supply leads filtered. What you do
not want is the generators talking to each other :-)

Good luck with your project.

73,
Geoff
GM4ESD