k9ztv wrote:

> I agree.
>
> Where is the edging out?
>
> Sherwood sorts on Dynamic Range-Narrow Spaced, and both rigs are 101db
> at 2 Kcs.
>
> I'm confused by Bob's statement that it "edges out" the K3.

The nominal filter bandwidth for all (un-footnoted) 2 kHz measurements is
500 Hz, or the closest filter to 500 Hz.  This has been the standard used by
ARRL, Radcom and Sherwood for many years.

At this bandwidth the K3 has 95 dB IMDDR3 using its 5-pole 500 Hz filter.
Inrad's 8-pole 500 might be a dB closer, like the 96 dB listed for the
8-pole 400 Hz.   The 5000 measurement is apparently using their 600 Hz
roofing filter and a DSP BW of 500 Hz, so indeed it does "edge out" the K3
when using comparable filters.  In other words, it achieves 101 dB with a
600 Hz roofing filter and the K3 achieves 101 dB using the 200 Hz 5-pole.

73,  Bill