Granted this thread is moribund at this point, but... With Bill's nice
summary of existing products, it got me to thinking about this again after
comparing the MFJ and Timewave products a few years back. I believe the DXE
product is new since my last survey of the field.

I'm primarily a 6-meter weak-signal operator, and neither the DXE not the
MFJ product is characterized for operation above 30 MHz. The ANC is, last
time I checked. (Their website is down right now so can't re-check.) I've
studied enough about the designs of the MFJ and ANC to understand why the
ANC is at the bottom of Bill's list. I think. It has to do with phasing
range, mostly, in which both the MFJ and ANC products are deficient, but the
ANC more so. There may be other faults in the ANC design as well; I believe
the MFJ's ability, not present in the ANC, to phase to an "add" (0 degrees)
condition and then invert has been mentioned. If the phasing need in your
particular situation happens to be within the range that the ANC can match,
you're probably going to think it's great. But that's a crap-shoot.

My question from several years ago is still the same now, with the addition
of the DXE product to the mix: Why are the MFJ (and now DXE) products
characterized only through 30 MHz? Would they really not work acceptably at
50 MHz, or are we talking about a small amount of degradation in performance
that might be seen as an acceptable trade-off? Or do they just flat-out not
work on 6 meters? What would be necessary in the way of design mods to get
the DXE product, for example, to perform at 50 MHz? Has anybody ever looked
into this?

Bill W5WVO