Mike, TX reports that I get are wonderful that I am easily understood
and clear.  I have the ability to mess this up as I have worked with
some guys trying different settings and their comments reflected what I
was changing.

Also don't confuse with the audio discussion, I am able to hear weak
signals and filter out others that are either close or splattering.  Now
that I have learned to use the filter options, it really out hears my
7000.   Now the 7000 is deaf compared to the K3.  But the good news is
that the 7000 is in the Jeep and for that application I would not change
anything.

I am however, struggling to get the audio output to my liking.   I think
this due in part to frequiencies that bother my ears and second I should
have not purchased the Heil setup as the earphones have to much fedality
in the frequency range that bothers my hearing.

Don
KD8NNU