Oh well,I don't like to argue anybody or disagree anybody but I was at the
contest as well and and I could easily separate CW stations that were off
between 100 200 Hz with my K3 using the 400Hz roofer and the DSP set to 100Hz
and also moving the Shift acordingly,.no problem at all with the selectivity
and also I used the great help of the APF as well.
If it has to be with the AGC or not,these are my settings that has been working
for me in any case:

AGC DCY.....SoFt
AGC HLD.....0.05
AGC PLS.....OFF
AGC SLP.....0.07
AGC THR.....007
AGC-F.........080
AGC-S.........020

To help in the RX filtering I have set my RX EQ this way:

0.05 at minus 16
0.10 at minus 16
0.20 at minus +0
0.40 at +3
0.80 at +3
1.60 at minus 16
2.40 at minus 16
3.20 at minus 16
PITCH at 400 (I like to hear better at low pitch)

With these settings my K3 is super selective and have no ringing noise even at
50Hz DSP bandwiith.
In those conditions I can work any contest no matter how crowded it will be.

AD4C

"If freedom means something,it is the right to tell others what they don't want
to hear" –George Orwell