I always have the contest program "WriteLog" open when I'm using my K3. (I
use it for contests and general logging). In WriteLog I set up the multiply
key on my PC keyboard to toggle the APF. Press once to turn it on. Press
again to turn it off. I don't think I've ever used the XFIL button for APF.
And I definitely never used the XFIL button to change filters. I prefer to
use the excellent WIDTH knob.

73,
Mike K2MK