Don Wilhelm wrote:

>On 12/6/2010 7:04 AM, Tom Williams wrote:
>> Of all the available buttons, I'd still like to know why XFIL-DUAL PB
>>was chosen and not some other that had no secondary function that
>>could be used on CW.
>
>Because it is most like Dual PB, and it cannot be used if Dual PB is in
>effect.  The menu permits the choice of either Dual PB or APF when in CW
>mode.  Dual PB still works the same as before for digital modes.

What happened to the suggestion to select APF using the XFIL tap
function?  I know there wasn't time to implement it in beta 4.22 but
would hate to think it has been lost.

The CONFIG options to suit the majority of tastes would then be:

"Classic K3" = XFIL tap, DUAL PB hold

"APF lovers" = APF tap, DUAL PB hold

"Beta 4.22" = XFIL tap, APF hold.

Anyone who has tried to select APF in a hurry and suddenly found
themselves listening in 2.7kHz will know which one they prefer!

(Please note: this discussion does not apply to anyone who is never in a
hurry and has never made a mistake :-)

--

73 from Ian GM3SEK
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek