Alan,

Remove the KPA100 shield and check the diodes with your ohmmeter.  There
are other possible faults that could have crept into your KPA100
wattmeter circuits, but the diodes are the first suspects since that is
most common.  If the diodes check good, then I can help you with the
additional troubleshooting.

The normal cause for the failure of D16 and D17 is a static discharge
coming in on the antenna.
If your antenna does not have a DC path across the feedline, that can
happen when you connect the antenna if the antenna has developed a
static charge from wind, rain, snow, and yes lightning.

With a PL-259 UHF connector, the center conductor is normally mated in
the jack before the shell, so if you had a good ground on the K2 and a
static charge on the feedline, that could zap the diodes.

I am not certain that is how it happened, but it is a definite possibility.
Is there any way you can put an RF Choke or high value resistor (above
5000 ohms) across your antenna feedlines - if you have an RF switch in
the shack, that is a good place for it.  Another way is to mount the
choke or resistor in a PL-259 shell and add a TEE adapter at the back of
the K2 - one of the female ends of the TEE connects to the PL-259 with
the resistor and the antenna connects to the other female end.

73,
Don W3FPR