On 12/12/2010 4:55 PM, Leigh L. Klotz Jr WA5ZNU wrote:
> I saw a KPA500 at a local club meeting recently where Eric WA6HHQ was proudly
> showing it off.
> They do indeed seem to be treating it as a serious product on the way.
> The slides has the obligatory "not yet type accepted" warning of course.

It's definitely well on the way to completion. Several members of local
clubs work for Elecraft as part of the engineering team, and are busily
doing the final work to get it in production.  Things like quantity
shipments of the needed parts, training the crew to build it, FCC type
acceptance testing, etc.

73, Jim K9YC