It would remove the interference possibly conduited on the USB RS232
cable.  It would remove the interference sometimes originating from
the USB RS232 cable itself.  It would remove the constantly meandering
drivers being changed to accommodate yet another marginal application
to the "universal" soup.

Blue tooth MIGHT have the serious advantage of the crowd passing it
by, leaving it alone to be STABLE, after the fashion of RS232, whose
drivers are stable because nobody is developing to them any more,
hence no need for change.

Beyond that?  Probably not much.  Then there is the downside of
possible issues with a given Bluetooth device, the undiscovered
country, so to speak.  An unknown enemy always seems more friendly
than the known one you love to hate.

73, Guy.