Well, let's see if I can do this right:  15 db = 10 log (Pout / 12 watts)

where 15db is the FCC maximum allowed gain.  Assuming that 12 watts
will drive the KPA500, we solve for Pout as:  12 watts * 10^1.5 = 379
watts

So, if I did the calculation correctly, that would be legal maximum. I
would suspect the gain to be less, perhaps in the 200-300 watt range
for no other reason than it feels right to my mind. There may also
have been an email from Lyle that mentioned something in the 200 watt
range, but I'm not sure.

73, Byron N6NUL

--
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2011 Cal QSO Party 1-2 Oct 2011