Dale,

I am not going to question the legality of the 18 dB gain you are
getting on that SPE nor what the SPE documents filed with the FCC say
about the maximum gain - Mu understanding is only that the FCC says 15
dB is the maximum, and I expect Elecraft will comply with that.  What
other companies do is not a concern of mine - I am not in any
enforcement role.

73,
Don W3FPR