I have set of the bronze knobs on my K3 #4165,  and love them.

I have found two principal consequences of this knob change, and an
indirect benefit.

1 - The radio looks a heck of a lot better IMHO.

2 - The radio tunes much easier and has a more of a "quality" feel about
it, kind of like tuning a 75A4.  I find that I use these knobs more and
my pan-adapter less for basic frequency control.

As a side benefit they seem to really irritate the Elecraft koolaid
drinkers on the list, whom I'm sure will explain in great detail why the
original knobs could not possibly be improved upon.

73 Jack KZ5A