The new K3/P3 arrived about 1:00 this afternoon.  The boxes were in pristine
shape, not like UPS's usual "smack 'em around and knock holes in the box
routine.

I quickly mounted a black & red Anderson power pole on the bottom end of the
power cord to mate up with my P/S connections and hooked everything up as per
instructions.  K3 worked fine, but couldn't get any signals on the P3's
display.  It passed self test just fine and was talking to the K3 as all the
frequency displays changed with the K3.  Quick email to Gary Surrency at
Elecraft got close to instant response asking for further symptoms.  Didn't
really have much more to tell him.  Wife and I went to supper and when I got
back there was another email from Gary with some things to check.  First place
I went discovered P86 on the RF board had popped completely loose, probably in
shipping.  A quick "plug it back in" and this time I put a small cable tie
around it and the PC pin header it's plugged into so it won't work loose again.
 Put everything back together and BINGO!  P3 now displays signals all over the
place.

Happy camper.  After getting my paddles hooked up earlier, I heard NR7T calling
CQ on 20 so I answered him.  Quick QSO as the band was fading fast.  Got a 559
out of him and later realized I hadn't set the power and it was running 5
watts.  QRP still works!!!!!

Jim -
W0EB