Hello.

Right now I am happily using a straight key with my KX1 as I can't seem
to get the hang of paddles (that and the fact that pounding brass feels
good ;-)

Since I found a single-lever paddle that may be used as a "cootie-key"
of sorts (see here: http://www.mtechnologies.com/cootie.htm), I was
wondering if I could catch two birds with the proverbial one stone:

-with the KX1 in straight key mode, paddle used as "cootie-key"
(jumpering the two posts together)

-with the KX1 in paddle mode, paddle used normally, for example to enter
data in keyer memory or maybe one day for real 8-)

Question is, does the KX1 internal keyer really care about the paddle
being a normal dual-lever model or a single non-iambic one?
(backup question: was the question above really dumb? ;-)

TIA,
Andrea.

--
Homepage: http://andrea.borgia.bo.it     /    Amateur radio: IZ4FHT