I came home from work and turned on the K3 and the P3 and then switched to the
CW zone of the 40 meter band. The VFO was about 7.009 as left from my last
visit yesterday.  I turned the VFO up just a tiny bit and this strong, like S9+
broadband noise came through.  Funny because I remember looking at the spectrum
of the P3 and I did not see anything there.

A long story short.  I discovered that this noise was being generated by the
K3.  I had checked the band with my Icom 756 Pro III and nothing was there
except lots of CW signals.  I tuned the Pro III around the same spots as the
K3.  So, I rotated the VFO slow up frequency from 7.009 and at 7.00945 the
noise started and continued up to about 7015.5.  Now, on the spectrum this was
a good 50 dB over and above my normal noise floor (sorry, not sure if I am
using the right terminology) and it was the same across the entire spectrum
which by the way was set wider then this frequency range of 7009 to 7015.  And,
all other CW signals disappeared and many of them were stronger then this noise
level.

So, if I turned the VFO just past the upper threshold of 7015.5, the noise
disappears entirely and there is nothing but normal display of CW signals on
the spectrum.

I then decided to power off the K3 and P3.  Powered back up and this weird
noise phenomena disappeared.  Now, the K3 and P3 is acting normal.

Anyone see anything like this?

73, phil, K7PEH
K3 Serial #3799