Is there a non-engineer's guide to the Sherwood table for those of us who
are not engineers?

In particular, the table is sorted by Narrow Spaced Dynamic Range, and I see
that the FT5000 is listed first, but the K3 also gets a 101 in that column,
albeit with a "pf" footnote instead of just an "f".

I decode these footnotes to be "f" = "Measurement was Phase-Noise Limited"
And "pf" = "Measurement was Phase-Noise Limited" and was "with 200 Hz 5-pole
filter"

OK - so why is the FT5000 at the top of the list? Why no indication of what
filter was used in the FT5000?

What is the second sort column for the table?  What puts the FT5000 on top?

What does this table really tell us? It seems that both of these receivers
are pretty close as many of the numbers are similarly different from those
listed below them.

When a parameter is higher or lower - which is better? I presume that the
higher the narrow-spaced dynamic range, the better, but what about 100kHz
blocking (for example). Is higher or lower there better? The K3 is a 140 on
that one, and the FT5000 is a "lowly" 127.  The Down-conversion Kenwood 590
gets a 144 in this column - is that better or worse than the K3? But, the
590 only gets an 88 in the narrow-spaced dynamic range, so I guess that
means it's much worse?

How does one interpret this data?

73,

Bob W5OV