Hi, Don -

Thanks for the hint.  Yes ... the "shift when press" symptom is definitely,
now I see, due to bottom panel interaction.    I believe the bottom panel
is under stress from force exerted by the tilt stand (which I had a heck
of a time installing back when I built the K2).  I will look into this
further ...
maybe if I can resolve the "shift when press" symptom, the apparent
"shift by itself" symptom will also be solved.

Thanks!

- Bruce

Don Wilhelm-4 wrote:

>   Bruce,
>
> The K2 BFO will shift slightly if the bottom cover is deformed, but that
> does not happen under normal conditions.  Check to see if your K2 is
> sitting on its feet properly.  If you have something under the K2 or
> have it on an uneven surface, it may be deforming the bottom cover
> slightly when you press on the top.
>
> 73,
> Don W3FPR
>
> On 1/5/2011 3:32 PM, K1FFX wrote:
>> I'm wondering if there was any resolution to this problem, first posted
>> just
>> over a year ago,
>> since I observe what I think is the identical problem with my K2 S/N
>> 6982.
>> A related
>> symptom was obvious BFO shift when pressing down on the top cover just
>> behind the
>> A=B push button

-----
Bruce Rosen