From: Brian Alsop <als...@nc.rr.com>
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Sent: Thu, January 6, 2011 10:32:09 AM
Subject: [Elecraft] OT - SMT breadboarding

Just how does one breadboard something with IC SMT parts having 0.025"
(or other similarly small) lead spacing?  I have a few projects here
that require this.

I was just thinking of gluing the chip dead bug fashion to the
breadboard and soldering tiny wires to the leads.

The problem is that the IC's for any given project tend to have
differing numbers of pins and pin spacings.  No one size "adapter" would
most likely be useful.

There must be a better way.

73 de Brian/K3KO

-----