Something occurred to me about this "race".  The text message folks  got to
punch their message in, which was then "printed" out on the receiving end
right on the receiver's phone.  I'm not sure if they were also trying to
transcribe by hand.  Seems to me the CW guys could have shown that  capability
as
well, and to the audience, with a code reader. That could have  been hooked up
a big screen viewable by the audience.  Might have  been a bit "risky" though,
since code readers don't always show exactly what has  been sent, or may
group some letters funny, if the sender isn't just about  perfect.  But, they
could also quickly demonstrate an ability to send that  message at an even
faster
rate.  Oh well, the way it was done was certainly  effective, and at least we
are all getting a big bang out of it.  I know I  did!

KNOW CODE!

Dave W7AQK