A Blackberry or Handspring Treo or similar has a full qwerty mini-keyboard designed to be run with both thumbs. (Come to think of it, a PSK31 rig in the same general size and format as one of these would be incredibly cool, and arguably feasible (factory built and SMD, of course).

A running joke among those of us "entrepreneurs" who work for venture capital-backed companies is how fast your VC board members can type on these things. I don't think they could seriously compete with top QRQ CW ops, but for sure they exceed the 30 wpm barrier. (Arguably, they perform better when typing during some interpersonal interaction to which they are supposed to be paying attention--e.g. a company presentation or a Board mtg...)

See y'all in Dayton.
73
Eric
N0HHS

Wayne Burdick wrote:

Morse has three other ergonomic advantages you didn't mention:

1. You can send Morse with one hand (even medium-fast text messaging requires two hands)

Text messaging with my phone requires cradling the phone in one hand and
pressing the digits with the thumb of that hand. What does the other hand
need to do? Maybe you have a really big cell phone? :-)
de - N3WZ (Jim)