John,

Why not connect the SteppIR "Y" cable between the K3 and your USB to
serial cable.  The SteppIR only monitors the data, and does not send
anything, so the "Y" cable solution should work fine there without
involving LP-Bridge.
Set the K3 and SteppIR data rates to the same value - the faster, the
better for USB to serial adapters.

73,
Don W3FPR