Another reason to get rid of the arcane Sn system and use dBm.  Now we're
asking Elecraft to referee an international "what is S9" issue?  And asking
them to take sides and calling the difference an "error"?  If they make it
the same as HF, we will likely hear from the other side.

What happens with the Yakencom 160-6 transceivers at 6m?

I'm finding on HF that the K3 operators are tending to calibrate their S
meters and the 5n9 cw reports are indicated by the display
segments reference to -73 dBm S9.  G3PQA gave me a 579 on 160 last night and
from him I suspect that means between -85 and -79 dBm, and likely 12-18 dB
above S4 noise.  He's on the reflector, so he'll have to verify.

The reverse beacon network gives signal to noise in dB at the reporting
site.

The sanity that ties all this together is thinking in dBm, not S units.  S
units are worthless until they are tied to dBm.

73, Guy.