I think I recall a thread about spurs being produced by
a K3's TX, but didn't pay enough attention at the time.

I've since become aware of a K3 that appeared to have
two spurs showing up on my P3.  They were about 30db
down from his very strong carrier on 7031 KHZ, and equally
spaced about 1 KHZ on either side. They both could be
"tuned in" and copied as individual signals.  I was surprised
when I asked the fella what his rig was and he told me it is a
K3. (;-)

I have -not- seen these spurs appear on other strong signals
since this event, and follow-up tests with him have not shown
the spurs ... but ... I've not seen his signal as strong as it was
at the time.

There's no doubt they were "real", but what might be the
cause?  Is / was the problem with his K3, my K3 or my P3.

Thoughts?

73!

Ken Kopp - K0PP
elecraftcov...@gmail.com