Hi,

I just rec'd my second CM500 from Amazon.  I was about to make a connector
for the front panel and thought I'd try the Heil adapter just to see if it
would work.  I plugged in the adapter, and the CM500 and put the K3 in test
mode.  Switched the meter to read ALC/cmp.  I then set the mic input to FPL
BIAS and "nothing".  No audio.  I inserted the little bias supply from
YAMAHA and the mic worked as expected.

My plan was to connect the tip of the mic plug to the mic input  (pin 1),
and the shield to the mic grnd (pin 7).  Do I need to connect the 'ring' to
some other pin?  For my Kenwood, I connected it with a 3.3K resistor to the
+8V.  I assumed the BIAS setting on the K3 would take care of this and put
it on the mic input.

Am I missing something?  I Have K3 serial no 4536 and was unaware of any
issues with the front panel mic input.  I have so far run my Heil HM-10 Dual
on the front panel and the CM500 on the rear.  But I'm getting ready for the
spring/summer portable season and want both CM500's on the rig.

Any ideas?

...bc   nr4c