From: Lee Buller <k...@swbell.net>
To: Elecraft Reflector <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Tue, January 25, 2011 9:53:57 AM
Subject: [Elecraft] 120 vs 240

I think that the argument of 120 volts compared to 240 volts is no longer and
issue.  Modern day houses and circuits require that 120-130 volt outlets
provide

at least 20 amps.  Now, a reasonable 500 to 600 watt amplifier (such as the
AL811 and AL-811H, the SB-200, some of the old Yaesu amps) would run fine on
today's 120 volt circuit.  We do this all the time with portable heaters,
window

AC units (about 8 amps) etc.  The amp is not going to be pulling 20 amps at
120-130 volts.  I think there is an average there on CW and SSB.  RTTY...of
course power down.  But, I am sure that this is really a non issue.

Lee

In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply.  If you don't
have any Common Sense - get some Common Sense and use it.  If you can't find
any

Common Sense, ask for help from somebody who has some Common Sense.  Is Common
Sense divine?

Common Sense is the image of the Creator expressing revealed truth in my mind.
-  John W. (Kansas)