At the moment I mostly use my K2 (no KPA100) for data modes - PSK31
and Olivia. I've read that it's recommended you keep the power to 5
watts for these modes due to the high duty cycle, so I've been doing
that. But there are times when I hear faraway stations but they don't
hear me. Maybe it would be futile, but the temptation to turn up the
power to try and make contact is always there.

Neither antenna improvements nor any sort of amp are in my immediate
future, but I was thinking today... if cooling the finals is the main
concern, has anyone tried modding their K2 to include a more beefy
heatsink and a small fan? Just wondering if the idea even makes any
sense...

--
o...@nerdnetworks.org (Owen B. Mehegan)
'There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,