On May 23, 2005, at 1:23 AM, Kevin Rock wrote:

KB8NMZ - Paul - MI - K2 - 4818 (not 4808)  Sorry :(
   KJR

Hey, between my location, my marginal antenna (a multiband Hustler vertical with no radials and about a 2:1 swr), my power of 12 watts and my poor code skills, I was thrilled to be able to copy you at all, let alone have you copy me! You must have really dragged me out of the mud.

Here in Michigan I could hear you throughout the net, but there was some fading and lots of static that made it hard to hear at times. I had a much harder time hearing the people check in, which surprised me. I could only copy two or three checkins.

Thanks for a fun net. I've been trying to catch it for some weeks now. Maybe next week I'll get a chance to try 20 meters too. Out of curiosity, what speed do you send? I have to practice!

Paul KB8NMZ