On Feb 15, 2011, at 11:07 AM, Adrian wrote:

> Joe (W4TV) Thanks for the pictures.
>
> Looking it seems the KPA500 front size is the same as the K3.

They are the exact same size.

> The rs232 pc connection on the amp goes direct to the PC I guess on a
> different comport to the K3/P3 combination?

Yes. The KPA500 will need a different serial port connection to the PC
that used by the K3/P3.

> The pc232 xcvr connection goes where whilst the P3 is connected in the
> system?

The RS232 XCVR connection is not used with the K3. The KPA500 uses
other ways to talk to the K3.

> I am thinking that if KPA500 rs232 xcvr connection goes to P3 pc
> connection ( with KPA500 rs232 pc to the computer), then the whole
> three
> items will run on the one line from the pc ... correct?

No. The K3 talks to the P3, which talks to the PC. The KPA500 talks
directly to the PC on a second PC port.

Jack Brindle, W6FB