Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 07:48:50 +1000
From: "Jeff Cochrane - VK4BOF" <vk4bof.elecr...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] 120V vs 240V
To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>

In Australia, we aren't (legally) permitted to put a plug or socket
on an extension lead let alone doing our own house wiring.
I believe that NZ has slightly less draconian laws that allow some
limited house wiring mods to be done (and your allowed to put plugs
on leads!) but over here any household electrical work must be done
by a suitably licenced electrician.

Damned silly rule if you ask me.

Jeff Cochrane - VK4BOF
Innisfail, QLD, Australia
Elecraft K3# 4257 + PR6 - K144XV = multiband goodness!

73, Ed - KL7UW, WD2XSH/45