> An alternative is the FET follower that Paul, W9AC documented
> for the D-104.

Another suggestion I had forgotten about. The original post said it was
a Shure mic. Many (most?) high impedance mics made by main line
companies like Shure and EV had built-in transformers with taps that
could be wired for Hi-Z or Lo-Z.  It's worth looking to see if that is
the case for your mic.

I have data sheets for many old Shure and EV mics, so if you post a
model number I'll try to look it up.

BUT -- I repeat my earlier advice -- hook it up, adjust the gain, listen
to it, and try correcting any frequency response shortcomings with EQ.
It is VERY likely that it will work just fine.

73, Jim Brown K9YC