Hello Gentleman,

The battery technology for Li-Po is very mature.  If you wish, please consider
Li-Po battery pack at 3.3Ahr capacity.  Light weight and more power but of
course, you have to select good quality one with protective circuit PCB.

 cheers,

Johnny VR2XMC

________________________________
寄件人﹕ JAMES ROGERS <w4...@bellsouth.net>
收件人﹕ Gary Hvizdak <garyhviz...@cfl.rr.com>
副本(CC) Elecraft Reflector <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
傳送日期﹕ 2011/3/4 (五) 8:40:57 PM
主題: Re: [Elecraft] K2-KBT2 battery

My documentation specifies the following battery:

http://www.power-sonic.com/images/powersonic/sla_batteries/ps_psg_series/12volt/PS-1229_10_Dec_15.pdf

which is according to the manufacturer is a 2.9AH SLA (sealed lead acid)
battery.  I know my kit was assembled in 2010. Not sure when it was purchased
as
I am the second owner. Maybe at some later date Elecraft has switched to a Gel
Cell.

I replace my battery with an equivalent with slightly less ampere hours (2.2AH)
as it was locally available (Batteries Plus) and the cost was nominal at $19.26.

Jim
On Mar 3, 2011, at 4:56 PM, Gary Hvizdak wrote:

> Jim,
>
>    According to Elecraft’s website (see the excerpt below), the KBT2 uses a
>gel-cel battery.
>
> 73,
> Gary  KI4GGX
>

> With the KBT2 installed, the K2 becomes the ultimate all-band field radio.
>Rated at 2.9 AH, the gel-cel battery is extremely safe, and can be recharged
>inside the K2 continuously from the same DC supply used to power the rig at
>home. Power outage? No problem--you'll never miss a beat! (KBT2 not available
>for K2/100.)
>

> JAMES ROGERS
> Thu Mar 3 17:18:02 EST 2011
>
> If you got six years out of a lead acid battery, you are doing good.
> Batteries
>Plus has a replacement with slightly less capacity for just over $19. It is
>2.2AH rather than 2.9AH.
>
> To your question, yes, est kaput!
>
> 73s Jim, W4ATK

JIM ROGERS, W4ATK