OK, thanks Stephen.  I did that and it worked -- just what
I wanted it to do (most of the time).

And, I do see what Joe is talking about that if the spectrum
is narrow and the cursor is as wide or wider then half of the
display that the center push twice does not do anything.

But, the knob dial does still work and allowed me to bring
my cursor into the center to see the whole spectrum of a
signal anyway.

So, I guess I will use both techniques.  The double push when
cursor is narrow and the dial in with the knob when the cursor
is close to half the width of the display.

phil