> Fine, if this cannot be corrected, some explanation need to be
 > given in owners manual or specs, so people know what to expect.
 > As it is stated now, it is not clear.

What's not clear?  Key Out is the logical or of the key input
(straight key, internal keyer, PTT and VOX).  A low on any of
those inputs/internally generated signals reflect as a low on
the Key Out whether the K3 is actually generating RF or not
(e.g. Test mode or CW in PTT mode with no external PTT).

It seems quite simple ... if you don't want your sequencer or
amplifier activating when you press the paddles/key put it in
"Standby" or turn it off.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV