Hey Jeff,

Before you write off CW, have you tried Code Quick by Jerry Wheeler, W6TJP?

I just recently decided to get serious about learning CW again (I once knew it
barely well enough to pass the FCC 13 wpm test, but that was around 30 years
ago, it was painful and I swore I'd never do it again!).  I've been using his
software and audios, and I've gone from zero to solid 5 wpm copy in about 10
days.  I'm now focusing on bringing up my speed.

If you follow what he says in this thing, you will likely feel silly and may
think some of it is asinine, but if you can get past that, it really seems to
work. He says his passion in life is studying how people learn.  Code Quick I
guess is based upon his research in that field.  It's fair to say his method of
teaching code is "different."

Anyway, I have no financial ties with Code Quick or W6TJP. I am using it and
have gained surprisingly good results. And he's been very responsive to my
questions.

As always, "Your Mileage May Vary."

73,
Dave,  AH6TD