Hi Mike,

If you have an appreciation for the elimination of high end artifacts and
overall smother sound, the answer is clearly, 'Yes, it is worth it.'  Prior
to the upgrade, I kept the top edge of the filter about 2.35 kHz as that was
about all I could take.  Now I have no problem running the 2.7 stock filter
at full open for SSB listening.  There is also improvement on the lower end
of the spectrum.  I tend to run my lo cut at 100 Hz.  The overall comfort
level is improved appreciably.

I use my system with Line with Speaker Out, stereo into the input of my
computer soundcard.  From there it goes to an external Hi-Fi receiver via
optical and digital cable.  The sound is somewhat reminiscent of the old
console shortwave receivers of long ago.

My DSP upgrade came from Elecraft.  It is evidently an highbred with the
piggy-backed LP filer and assumedly the rest of the upgrades to the DSP
board.  Other off-DSP board audio updates have been done by myself.

When I sent my card in, with previous notification, the replacement was back
in my hands within about 5 or 6 calendar days including a weekend.

Good lucky & 73,

Dick - KA5KKT

  _____

Is it worth it?  I have seen some people say yes and others that say no.

What is involved with the swap out.  (read too lazy to read manual)