Thanks Gary and Wayne.

I'm pleased to report that deleting and then downloading the files again from
Elecraft to my computer and then re-loading them into the K3, cleared the
problem with the MENU and CONFIG redout.

I then did a VCO MD calibration and this cleared the ERR PL1 problem.

All appears to now be working again.

Thanks to Gary and Wayne plus G4DMP, K2AV and W3FPR for their helpful
suggestions.  Yet another example of what a wonderful Reflector this is.

73 de Chris, N4CJ (G4BUE)